Monday, May 2, 2011

dreamer

i have never claimed to be “in style”  or with the times…i blame this on the fact that iam from iowa, and grew up on a farm.  although i realize this is not a legit reason, it is my thinking.


this weekend i got the privilege going down town with my dear friends Amanda and Katelyn, they both will be working down town at KUmed and living down town.  iam really excited for them.  i have never had the dream of living somewhere like that (like alot of people i seem to be friends with)  i beleive my exact words to katelyn were “well i am just a little different than you guys”  but when i start thinking about it…iam a little jealous…but that really never has been my dream.  i can honestly say i dont know what my “dream” ever has been.  but regardless…i am still a tad jealous.  the apartment is UBER cute.  SO i guess i just need to be happy for them right now!! YAY katelyn and amanda!!   now i do admit that i have learned alot from these 2 girls.  before i have never been a girl to pull crap off the curb and redo it (i swear this is amandas pass time)  or to browse the internet for cute things to make for my house (this is SO katelyn)  but as i write i am browsing the internet and looking for things to make my new house a home.  CRAZY  i even drove around yesterday looking for stuff on the curb.  i appreciate everything i have learned from these girls.  and hope that i can keep learning and maybe someday claim to “be in style” like them :)



i HAVE always had the dream to have this kind of window seat…this one is adorable and i want it…now



i LOVE this…i blame the fact that iam like OBSESSED with “hoosiers”  is because of my mother…every time i see one i want it!



so since i have been a wife i have really wanted an apron to cook in.  (i am not sure if it is because i will feel like more of a wifey wife that way, or because i make a MESS when i cook)  regardless, i want one…and this one is cute….just in case anyone every wants to buy me one…i want one with a pocket…and one that is CUTE! :)



i know alot of people adore granite counter tops…and iam not saying i dont…but i LOVE LOVE LOVE this counter.  in my “dream kitchen” there will be at least one counter that is this wood!



this is so…me :)  anything that is wood and somewhat country is what i want in my house. 
yes i admit i have always had a dream to have a “fancy” “nice” home…but i am coming to realize that a home is what you make of it.  i can make any home what i want it to be.  so yes i still want a “nice” home…but i think what i need to do is decorate it nicely



i am going to go out on another limb and say that my obsession with glass jars is also my mothers fault.  if i could have THIS in my house my life would be complete.  (ok not REALLY, but this would be pretty awesome)



i can honestly say another one of my dreams is to have an amazing mud room. this one is pretty perfect…but i DO want mine to have red walls.



as you can tell… iam a total dreamer.  in my mind i constantly have ideas of how i want my future home, or what i want to be doing with my life, or what my kids will look like, or where we will be living in 10 years, or where we will retire.  Yes i know…ridiculous, but i cant help it.  iam a dreamer.  i think some times this drives Mr D. insane.  i think alot of times iam dreaming my way out of situations. regardles, iam going to doubt that this will ever change. so for now i will keep dreaming and planning!  :)


dueces

No comments:

Post a Comment