Monday, July 2, 2012

#8 and some catch up

#8 What are 5 passions that you have?
-----------

I like to think of myself as a passionate person!
You may see where my head is at right now by this post!

1 - Adoption and helping any children in need!  I believe whole heartily in adoption.  It breaks my heart to see orphans, or hear about all the children across the world who do not have what it takes just to survive day to day.  There is nothing in the entire world more heartbreaking for me then the thought of a child not knowing a parents love.
And I just read a statement that i think more people need to hear - "Most adoptions from U.S. foster care are free and any minimal costs 
associated with them are often reimbursable."


"the world sees an orphan, but the Lord sees a disciple"
It is hard for me to accept that fact that some people really don't have a heart for adoption.




2- Being a stay at home mother.  I know I am not a mother yet, but I believe 100% in the idea of a stay at home mom.  I do not want any one raising my children.  That is what a mother is for.  Now don't say "o her children are going to be sheltered and non social"  Not true.  I also belief in getting out of the house, play groups, play school, and of course pre school!  But a child needs a stay at home mom. (in my opinion)




3 - Being a good friend.  I know what a bad friend is.  I have had bad friends. And I have been a bad friend!  So I strive to be the best friend I can be.  
To be honest, helpful, there in a time of need, there through the good and bad, trustworthy, and loyal.  


4 - Being the absolute best wife I can be to Mr D.  He is the best husband ever, and I know sometimes i fall short of the "best wife" title.  (at least in my own opinion)  I hold pretty high standards for my self as a wife and always try to uphold those standards.  I am grateful for the man that God placed in my life, and I want to respect and honor him the best I can.




5 - Being involved. Planning. Being busy.  Does these count as a passion?  I think so. 


------------------


There ya have it ladies and gents.  My passions.  
Now some catch up on pictures.  




Mr D and baby Tate share a birthday! And they celebrated yesterday (july 1)
Mr D turned 23, and tate turned 3!
Happy birthday to 2 of my favs!

I went on a little shopping spree.  Liquids only.
75 bottles of powerade.
36 bottles of gatorade.
24 cans of peace tea. 

got new post its at work.  I was excited.  any one guess what color I am using first?

body pump!

NO better way to spend a saturday.
this is a close 6th for a passion!!










thanks for reading
dueces!





2 comments:

  1. Your passions are interesting! I wouldn't say I have the same ones though! Statistics show there is little emotional or social difference between children who are babysat during the day and children who have a parent home with them during the day. I think it is very possible to be a great mom and raise great kids while working. I have a pretty convenient job though with all major holidays and summers off, and my day ends at 3:30... I know many women (and I think I will include myself in this category when I start working) feel that working makes them a better mom because they become much more intentional with the time that they do have with their kids. At the same time, I know I will feel a sense of betrayal when I go back to work. Shoot, right now I miss her when I put her in her crib at night! But, sometimes you gotta miss something a little bit to know how great it is! All that to say, I think the very best scenario for someone like me would be to work 1/2 or 3/4 time... Some time away to feel accomplished in another capacity, yet plenty of time to play with the baby... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasnt trying to dis you working. I hope you dont think that. i respect you for being able to do that!
      And who knows i might end up working instead of staying home

      Delete